Connie Lim

Connie Lim
JayM.

Wednesday 27 January 2010

Contents Page





















- On the left is the first take of my contents page. Initially I wanted to have a double page spread as the contents, but I found, as I was completing it, that there wasn't enough to fill both pages, so I switched to a single page and I feel this works better.
- My favourite part on this piece, which has been a part throughout, was the letter from the editor.
- When doing this I decided to make a piece of lined paper on photoshop and then use a font that looked like handwriting to make the letter look more personal. This would also be a feature that would last throughout all of the magazine issues.


- To the right is the final copy of my contents page. I changed it to a single page as I thought the double page spread wasn't going to look as good.
- I stayed with the letter from the editor idea and the picture of the editor with it, to add a personal touch.
- The competition part of the piece was done as a blue box to make it stand out. It was a simple box drawn with the details of the competition written inside. Simplicity at it's best. I think this was really effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment